Back to Recipes
Banana Loaf with Choc Chips
Banana Loaf with Choc Chips with thanks to Rebel Recipes
For the flax eggs
- 2 flax eggs mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- 150g rice flour
- 45g ground almonds
- 45g oats (gluten free if preferred) blitzed to a flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp all spice
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 150ml Planted British Oat
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large very ripe bananas mashed
- 125g dark chocolate chips
- Firstly make the flax eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 180c /gas mark 4
- In the large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the banana, Planted Oat, vanilla, vinegar mixture and the peanut butter. Stir thoroughly until you have a smooth, thick batter. Stir in the flax eggs.
- Now add the wet mix to the dry, stir to to combine well. Now fold in the choc chips.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil then spoon in the batter. Smooth out to the edges.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes, check that it’s cooked by sticking a skewer into the middle to ensure it’s cooked through. If not pop back in the oven until cooked in the middle.
- Let it cool for at least 20 minutes then turn out.