Back to Recipes
How to make dairy free chocolate pancakes - WITH THANKS TO Slummy Single Mummy
- 2 tbsp any dairy free spread, melted
- 250ml of coconut and cocoa Planted
If you wanted to make them vegan chocolate pancakes you could easily switch the egg out for half a mashed banana.
1. To make the pancake batter, just mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another, and gradually add the wet to the dry, whisking until smooth. Heat a pan with a rub of oil or a few squirts of cooking spray, and pour in a little mixture. (I made my pancakes roughly 12cm across and had enough mixture to make nine.)
2. When the pancake is just starting to set up top, flip it over for about another 10-15 seconds, and then transfer it to a plate. Repeat until you have a pancake stack.
3. I topped my dairy free chocolate pancakes with raspberries and a peanut butter sauce. I made the sauce by heating about a tablespoon of peanut butter gently in a pan and adding Planted coconut drink with cocoa until I had a thick pouring consistency.
4. Pour the sauce over the pancakes and you’re ready to serve.
To go with the chocolate pancakes, I made a really simple smoothie using bananas and the Planted oat drink with banana. I used two bananas and filled a regular Nutribullet cup about two thirds full. Then I just blitzed it up and served with a straw. (Paper obviously.) Two bananas made enough for two people.